ALERT is a group of young professionals who have come together to make basic medical life support available to all in times of need. ALERT has undertaken Emergency Response Management(ERT) as its first and core project. (read more).
About Kannan Sundararajan
Kannan works as a Delivery Manager in Siemens Industry Software, in Bangalore (LinkedIn). Together with his wife Meera and two children, Kannan always wanted to fulfill his family's deepest desires to give something back to society. Recently, Kannan and his wife were the first respondents to a road accident and were fortunate to save the victim (read the complete story here...). They were blessed to see the victim walking away alive on that day.
About 42-42-42 running
Kannan has turned 42 years in 2016 and is passionate about running, safe and healthy living topics. He has run several marathons in India and international venues (more here...) and also is a back-to-back Comrades Marathon finisher. Kannan is excited to combine his passion for running and at the same time build awareness through "Be Safe, Be there to Save!". He along with his Sahaya friends, will run 42 consecutive weekends 42 marathon distances covering 42 kms during each run. He strongly believes that through his friends, network of professionals and the large running community he is connected with (considers as his assets), he can bring in a positive transformation to the society.
About the forces behind Sahaya
Sahaya's mission can't be achieved without great support from my friends and families. Sahaya is happy to partner and work with many like minded people and deeply indebted to their enthusiasm and support provided by them.
- Ms. Kala Balasundaram, founder trustee and president & Mr. Rajesh R. Trivedi, Managing Trustee of ALERT - it was a happy coincidence for me to come across them who are already creating a big difference in the society through their passionate initiatives
- Jagadish D from Manager Operations & Training from ALERT - I never imagined that his instant reaction to my post regarding the road accident in Facebook would bring so many like minded people closer in my life. Looking for a great partnership with him and his training team.
- Dr. Gladson, Attitude Prime for his enthusiasm to be part of the 42-42-42 running campaign and accepting the partnership with ALERT for the Trort marathon event
- Ms. Hema Sridhar - my first-aid CPR training partner, for her quest to find a solution, when we shared each other anguish to do something about road safety
- Balaji S - a good friend, great writer and a runner, already excited to be part of this
- Mr. Srikrishna, my brother (AnnaBond) to encourage me in all parts of my life.
- Suhail, Balu, Venkat, Arshiya, Nataraj, Sid, Archana, Jamuna, Prem, Navadeep, Moin, Tiru and Babu - contributors for the Genesis of Sahaya - first Sahaya initiative
- Ms. Meera Kannan, my wife and our two children for their strongest enthusiasm and support
- Friends and well wishers
- Kannan Sundararajan